Thu, Mar 16|
Clergy Training Part 2/4
Participants will gain knowledge/skills to build confidence and commitment to initiate & support prevention & addiction recovery
Time & Location
Mar 16, 2023, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
About the Event
This is a four part series. Join us for all four of our sessions.
Tuesday, March 14, 1-3pm
Thursday, March 16, 1-3pm
Tuesday, March 21, 1-3pm
Thursday, March 23, 1-3pm
The faith community can play a vital role in prevention and recovery. But conversations about alcohol and drug use, misuse and addiction are rare and uncomfortable in most congregations. Though one family in four has direct experience with someone with an addiction experience, a subtle taboo keeps the subject in the closet until a crisis occurs.
An understanding clergy, supported by committed and trained members of the congregation, has a tremendous opportunity to serve by addressing addiction problems in very early stages.
Upon completion of this class, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize the impact of addiction on individuals, families, and congregations.
- Utilize opportunities to educate and support those suffering from addiction.
- Demonstrate essential self-care skills when working with these ministries.
- Identify effective prevention strategies in the life of the congregation.
- Illustrate how clergy and laity successfully work together in this vital ministry.
With questions or for more information please contact:
Cheryl: (414) 208-4259, email@example.com
Pastor Molly Doreza: 262-374-8263
Drew Brooks, Faith Partners: 512-417-2307